Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I connect my pc running Vista as a media server for my PS3?

I have a wireless router and both my pc and PS3 won't recognize each other. I have it set to enable on my ps3 and both are connected to my wireless router. When I search for media server, it doesn't find it. I would like to use Vuze as my server, but would use Windows Media Player if needed. I tried using WMP and couldn't get it to find the ps3 either.How do I connect my pc running Vista as a media server for my PS3?
You need to make sure that your firewall or your router are not blocking your media server (for each server it can be a different port, so you need to check). Check your firewall settings and see if you need to set port forwarding in your router's settings.


Try PS3 Media Server or any other of the servers listed here:


http://ps3stream.org/ps3-media-serversHow do I connect my pc running Vista as a media server for my PS3?
make sure that the router has upnp enabled, and that vista has the upnp component installed

No comments:

Post a Comment