Saturday, August 21, 2010

How well do graphics intensive PC games play on a Macintosh?

Hi all! I understand that Mac has a Windows shell program that allows PC games to be played on a Mac. Does anyone have any experience playing some of the upper end PC games in this way on a Mac? I am looking to buy a computer, would like to purchase a Mac but I am a HUGE gaming fan and the Mac just doesn't cut it when it comes to gaming choices....





Thanks!How well do graphics intensive PC games play on a Macintosh?
I'd stay on the PC for gaming. You'll have to emulate the PC on the mac, so you'll be running the emulator under the game. It will be a double hit on your processor to run the game.How well do graphics intensive PC games play on a Macintosh?
I dont actually play any games on a Mac but from what i hear the new Macs can handle up to about 30-45fps on games and not show the slightest lag or blur or loss in detail. But appartly even the the Nvidia 9600M GT can not handle games at up to 60 fps or alot of other games at the highest setting. I personally hate playing games on PC or Mac and stick just with my PS3 and XBOX 360 and about to buy a iMac which i will not use for any gaming maybe except Sims 3.
Macs can run windows native now, not with a shell- it's called Boot Camp. On my iMac from 2006 I can run (on low settings, mind you):





Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare


Crysis


Mass Effect


Fallout 3


Bioshock


(Im sure there's others, but those are the big titles)





The only game I have NOT been able to run is GTA IV.
  • hidden myspace
  • photoshop
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment