Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I transfer my Apple iPod library to a different pc?

On one pc have an Apple iPod library with 3750 tracks on. But I have now got a new pc. I have activated the pc to be able to use my Ipod but, I cannot add any tracks off the new pc without deleting the library on my iPod. Is there a way do do this without having to re do all my music. Thanks in anticipation.How do I transfer my Apple iPod library to a different pc?
Use your iPod as a hard disk





Connect your iPod to your computer and open iTunes.


When the iPod icon appears in the iTunes window (below Devices), select it.


If the Summary pane isn't showing, click the Summary tab.


Click the “Enable disk use” checkbox, and then click Apply.


Close iTunes and notice that your iPod appears on your Mac desktop or in the Windows Explorer on your PC.


To eject the iPod on a Mac, select the iPod on the desktop and drag it to the Trash.





To eject the iPod on a PC, select the iPod in the Windows Explorer, right click on the iPod and then choose Eject from the pop-up menu that appears. Or at the bottom-right of the screen, click the ‘Safely Remove Hardware’ icon.








Here is another way of doing it








http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?…How do I transfer my Apple iPod library to a different pc?
connect your ipod to the pc, then you say no to syncing it. then go to file in itunes, and click stransfer music from your ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment