Saturday, August 21, 2010

How much memory should I have on a pc for Photoshop?

I'm going to be entering college this autumn and am planning to buy a laptop. I'm going to be in the art field so I'm probably going to have to run programs like photoshop.





I'm going to get a PC and was wondering how much memory I would need to run programs like photoshop without the computer crashing and lagging.How much memory should I have on a pc for Photoshop?
Get 4GB


You will need 2GB to run Vista (or Windows 7) well.


The extra RAM will be very helpful for using apps like photoshop.





If you are getting a 32bit OS then there is no point going above 4GB because only a 64bit OS can handle over 4GB.





Make sure you get a decent graphics chip.


ATi and NVidia make the only graphics chips worth having.





DO NOT GET A LAPTOP WITH INTEL EXPRESS GRAPHICS CHIP.





YHBW

No comments:

Post a Comment