Saturday, August 21, 2010

How would i go about having a PC with a wired connection, but also have a wireless connection with one modem?

I have one computer, and will be getting a wireless router soon for my laptop. Is it possible to keep the PC connected through a wire, but also have a wireless connection without the use of a router?How would i go about having a PC with a wired connection, but also have a wireless connection with one modem?
Without the router, no. You need a router to connect 2 computers to 1 modem, and a wireless router (or access point) to connect wirelessly. Unless your provider provides wireless service that you can access. (Mine does, but in publicly-used areas. I can't get a signal from my house, but I can from my office in an industrial park.)How would i go about having a PC with a wired connection, but also have a wireless connection with one modem?
without a router, no.





You will need the wireless router to have both computers accessing at the same time.
you need a wireles router, they come with 4 conections for wire plus wireless

No comments:

Post a Comment